What was our challenge?
As per medical science, stroke patients require treatment within 4.5 hours and the number of neurologists needed for this treatment are very few compared to the stroke cases.
A USA-based startup asked us for a solution for the mentioned problem.
How did we resolve it?
- We designed a secure, simple and scalable cloud-based real-time two-way video conference solution.
- Different options were given on the home page, namely Initiate Stroke code or Start Teleconsult.
- Interfaces were designed for hospital users like nurses and doctors.
- A dashboard was designed for doctors to see incoming, waiting, missed, active calls list.
- A call back feature was provided for missed calls.
- The ability to add notes and digitally sign the call was provided.
- A track user activity log was also visible.
- Any doctor can see the list of only his patients and not other doctors’ patients, since all other data was masked.
- All the data collection parameters were grouped into different sections along with a visual indication if anything missed out.
- Visibility of NIHSS score.
- Enabled email, SMS, desktop notifications.
- Made it HIPAA, FHIR, HL7 compatible
What was in there for the users?
- Immediate treatment was offered to the stroke patients even in remote areas
- Independent from relying on the availability of only one doctor, as the notification goes to the entire group.
- Treatment plan ready by the time the patient arrives at the hospital.
- Future integration of PTZ cameras.