What was our challenge?
A USA based startup informed us that a lot of valuable time of doctors is wasted in copying/loading the imaging study data when a patient visits the doctor. Sometimes, even a CD/DVD is also not available.
How did we resolve it?
- We designed a secure, simple and scalable cloud-based web app to upload imaging studies - including Dicom, Radonc files from users location (home/office).
- A huge number (in thousands) of files with sizes in GB could be uploaded.
- It was an application designed for patients and hospitals.
- Here, the upload process continues in the background, while users can use other app features.
- Even the system auto-detects the body part and modalities from the metadata.
- This app can create respective folders, filters out non-Dicom files
- Imaging study can be viewed online on mobile or desktop. No need to download locally.
- It also has the ability to copy, share, add aliases, move data, and track user activity log.
- It can be called a customized google drive for Imaging study.
- We also offered a mobile app to record, upload and share video. In fact, a video can be converted into image frames to be viewed in a carousel.
- We made it HIPAA, FHIR, HL7 compatible.
What was in there for the users?
- Doctors do not need to wait for the imaging data to be retrieved from the CD/DVD.
- Ease of sharing with peers, colleagues, for second opinion.
- Data available for lifetime.
- Further integration with PACS, blockchain possible.